Written by: Somelee Lee of My Path Wellness 3/14/2017
Have you been been struggling to lose your belly. Here is the best guide you will ever need to lose that belly and tighten your stomach. Start with the exercise that seems easiest to start with then move up and start working on a harder exercise over time. In no time you'll feel your stomach start to tighten up again. If you want our FREE workout guide with videos, sign up below.
How to do the Perfect Plank
1. Hold your elbows directly under your shoulders and place your wrists in line with your elbows.
2. Ground your toes into the floor and squeeze the glutes to stabilize the body.
3. Neutralize the neck and spine by looking at a spot on the floor about a foot beyond the hands. Your head should be in line with your back.
4. Hold the position for 20 seconds.
How to do a plank in 3 hard steps
1. Side Plank – Lie on one side with the legs stacked on top of one another then prop the body up on the hand or elbow while keeping the feet stacked.
2. Single-leg lift Plank – Position the body into a basic plank, the lift one leg at a time toward the ceiling.
3. Medicine-ball Plank – Begin kneeling on the floor with hands cupped around Swiss ball and tighten abdominals and glutes and stretch your legs behind you to a straight line. Breathe and hold your body in a straight line.
How to do a plank in 2 easy steps
1. Modified Plank – Start in a pushup position with your hands directly under your shoulders. Bend your elbows and lower down until you can shift your weight from your hands to your forearms. Keeping your knees on the floor. Hold for up 60 seconds
2. Standard plank - Get down on all fours as you would do for a push-up. Keeping your palms flat and hands directly under your shoulders slightly wider the shoulder-width apart. Your body should form a straight line from your head to your ankle.
Benefits of the plank exercise
1. Helps to flatten out the stomach
2. Reduce the risk of injury
3. Improve posture
4. Improve balance
5. Increase flexibility
6. Reduce back pain