The biggest obstacle I hear from the people I coach is that they “just don’t have time.” People are SO busy today with work, families, managing a house, and the million other things that come up.
So it’s too often that they find themselves grabbing food for convenience – food that not only doesn’t serve their bodies but that also ends up negatively impacting the family and their waistlines. This leads to further guilt and a vicious cycle begins.
It breaks my heart to see these smart, hard-working, and deserving people go down the rabbit hole of convenience because they just don’t know another way. So, I’m here to help!
Check out my strategies for healthy, fast, and convenient dinners (or whichever meal you choose!):
You make it:
1. Pre-cook proteins, pre-wash and chop veggies. You can do this 1-2 times a week depending on time. I’m a fan of the Sunday Ritual, where you prep and portion for the entire week. How to do this: Simply grill or bake enough protein to sustain dinner each week. You can prep the veggies to be prepared on the spot in the evening before dinner or in advance like the protein. Heck, throw it all on the grill!
2. Purchase pre-chopped veggies. If to the first point you were thinking…”Yeah, but the part I HATE is washing and chopping!” Pretty much every grocery store sells vegetables that are ready to throw in a pan, in the oven, or on a grill. It’ll typically cost you a little bit more, but it’s worth it if this is what it takes to make the right choice.
3. The 10 minute, minimal effort meal. This is one of my favorite strategies! It’s as simple as this: Rotisserie chicken, steam in a bag veggies, and wrapped microwavable sweet potato. Serve the chicken, grab 1-2 cups of veggies for your plate out of the bag (season if you like), and eat half the potato with a pat of grass fed butter. And you’ve got leftovers!
4. Crock Pot meals. It doesn’t get much easier than throwing a bunch of ingredients in a crock pot in the morning then coming home to a fully prepared meal (and a house that smells awesome). Also requires minimal clean up! This is definitely easy to make in large portions, so you’ve got leftovers!
Still not quite going to work? Here are my GRAB AND GO strategies!
5. Hit the hot bar. Have a grocery store like Market of Choice nearby? Chances are they have an awesome hot bar!
6. Healthy take-out. This is easier to find than you think. I love Thai food for this because you can almost always find grilled protein and order it with a side of vegetables. You’ll typically be able to get a few servings out of it too, so you’ve got lunch for the next day!
Believe me, I am all about convenience when it comes to food, so I always suggest making more than you need so you’ve got left overs!
And when, I cook, I keep it SUPER SIMPLE! Check out one of my go-to’s with this Beef Stir Fry:
1lb ground beef 93%
1 medium onion
1 large bell pepper (any color)
1 tbsp oil
salt & pepper to taste
Heat a sauté pan to medium high. Add oil and let it warm up. Add the onion and let it start to turn translucent. Add the bell peppers. Let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook to desired temperature. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I usually throw this in a bowl and eat it as is. This makes about 3-4 servings for me. You can also serve this with about a half cup of quinoa! How easy is that!? Under 15 minutes!
Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
I wanted to start a program with a Personal Trainer to better build my image as an artist & entertainer; I also decided it was time to prepare my future fitness habits.
Yes, but I found it hard to discipline myself and stick to a schedule. I only knew what I could find on the internet, which led to many contradicting pieces of advice. Having someone build workout routines for me was a lot more helpful and has already broadened my knowledge of exercise 2 months in.
Fat loss, lean mass gain, healthy eating habits, workout knowledge.
I have worked with Mike and Blake, two knowledgeable, kind, funny and astute individuals. They keep me on track while also conversing. I look forward to working out at MyPath. Not only do I have fun, but I feel very productive. I can’t wait for what the future holds.
Nutrition & Exercise knowledge, Endless advice, safe and comfortable environment
The progress and the fact that I’m making progress with good people in a comfortable environment.
Joining MyPath will hold you accountable to your goals and provide a great environment to achieve them.
Not feedback, just a thanks! Fully satisfied with MyPath and only on my 2nd month.
My original goals were to look better, feel better and feel healthy inside and out. I met my first goals but the goals didn't stop. I kept building upon the first goal it's a new way of living. I am living a healthier life, meeting new people with similar goals, having more energy and getting to wear new clothes. Thank you for being my trainer and keeping me accountable.