How to do the perfect Triceps extension:
- Stand in a split-stance position holding a dumbbell with both hands wrapped around the dumbbell handle. Pull your shoulder blades down and back. Your head and neck should be aligned with your spine.
- Exhale, slowly press the dumbbell overhead. Straighten your elbows until your arms are vertical to the floor. You elbows are pointing forward and are straight but not locked. Inhale bend your elbows in a slow and controlled manner, lowering the dumbbell behind your head.
- Keep your upper arms vertical to the floor throughout the exercise and your elbows shoulder-width apart.
How to do Triceps extension in 3 hard steps:
- Lying Dumbbell triceps extension - Lie on a flat bench while holding two dumbbells. Your arms should be fully extended at a 90 degree angle from your torso and the floor. The palms should be facing in and as you breathe in and you keep the upper arms stationary with the elbow in, slowly the weight until the dumbbells are near your ears. While keeping the elbows in and the upper arms stationary, use the triceps to bring the weight back to the starting position as you breath out.
- Dumbbell one arm triceps extension - Grab a dumbbell and either sit on a military press bench as you place the dumbbells upright on top of your thighs or stand up straight. Clean the dumbbell up to bring it to shoulder height and then extend the arm over your head. The dumbbell should be on top of you. The other hand can be kept fully extended to the side. Rotate the wrist so that the palm of your hand is facing forward slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head as you hold the upper arm stationary. Inhale as you perform this movement and pause when your triceps are fully stretched.
- Body triceps press using flat bench- extend your feel well out from the bench, gripping the edge with your hands just outside shoulder width. The top of your head should be about behind the plane of the benches from edge. Keep your body rigid, bending at the elbows to slowly lower your head and your body should be in a straight line just above the floor.
How to do a Triceps extension in 3 easy steps:
- Cable triceps extension- Set up for the cable triceps extension by attaching a straight bar and keep your back straight and lean forward vert slightly and grabbing the bar with an overhand grip. Keep your upper arms straight and tucked in close to your body. Push the bar downward moving only at your elbows. Pause for a moment and then slowly return the bar to the starting position.
- Dumbbell triceps kickback- Set up for the triceps kickback by grabbing a flat bench and sitting a dumbbell on the left hand side at one end. Position yourself on the left side of the bench with your right knee and right hand resting on the bench. Pick up the dumbbell with your left hand keep your back straight and look forward. Tuck your left upper arm close to your torso and bend at the elbow forming a 90 degree angle with your upper arm and forearm. Raise the dumbbell behind you until your arm is fully extended. Then lower the dumbbell back to the stating position.
- Cable incline triceps extension- Lie on incline an bench facing away from a high pulley machine that has a straight bar attachment on it. Grasp the straight bar attachment overhead with a pronated and keep your elbows tucked in to your sides. Your upper arms should create around a 25 degree angle when measured from the floor. Keeping the upper arms stationary, extend the arms as you flex the triceps. Breath out during this portion of the movement and hold the contraction for a second. Slowly go back to the starting position.
Working with a personal trainer at My Path Wellness in Milwaukie can help you to understand how to do these exercises properly to get you the most weight loss results.