When you first do this stretch you will be amazed that this muscle is so tight. Most people with desk jobs don’t realize how tight their lats become working behind a desk. Do this one and it will help with should and upper back pain.
- Lie on the floor on one side with the arm closest to the floor outstretched and thumb facing upward.
- Place the foam roll under the armpit.
- Draw abs in and activate glutes.
- Slowly move back and forth to find the most tender spot.
- Once identified, hold tender spot until the discomfort is reduced by at least 75 percent.
- Progress to the next tender spot and hold again.
- Repeat on opposite leg.