A client of mine brought me a great recipe. I didn’t even have to make any changes to this recipe because it was so well balanced. Great job Katie!
Use this recipe to help your weight loss program to lose weight, feel better and compliment any fitness or personal training program.[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://mypathwellness.com/28-day-kickstart/” text=”GET OUR BEST DEAL” ]
- 2 cup, Rice – Brown, long-grain, cooked
- 15 fluid ounce, Black
- 1 cup, Coriander (cilantro) leaves, raw
- 1 tsp, Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp, Ground Red Chili Pepper
- 2 tsp., Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp, Black Pepper – Ground
- 2 tbsp(s), Oil – Olive
- 3 cup, cubes, Squash, winter, butternut, raw
- 1 Cup, Chopped, Red Onion
- 16 oz, Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless
- 8 fluid ounce, Spicy Guacamole Dip
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions, Stir in 1 cup of the cilantro and keep warm. Warm the beans in a small saucepan or the microwave and keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a 9 X 13-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, mix the cumin, chili powder, kosher salt and pepper together. In a medium size bowl, add the butternut squash and onions. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix. Toss and spread out the veggies on the sheet pan.
- In the same bowl, add the chicken and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with the remainder of the seasoning and toss to coat well. Place the chicken on the foil lined sheet pan. Do not layer on the vegetables, but instead lay alongside.
- Place the sheet pan on the middle rack of the hot oven and cook for 11-13 minutes. Do not disturb the vegetables or chicken so that they develop a caramelized crust. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil, then put the baking sheet back into the oven and cook the vegetables for an additional 5-7 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Slice or chop the chicken breast. Assemble the bowls by layering the chicken with 1 cup brown rice, ¼ of the black beans the butternut squash and roasted onion. Top with guacamole and garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
Talk with one of our personal trainers about out personal training programs or nutrition programs to learn more about how to make recipes work better for you.